Saturday 26 October 2013

FOUR DAYS!!!!!

Figures I get a cold the weekend before surgery, but my mom says I don't have to be worried about it (I wasn't sure if a cold would affect surgery, I've never had surgery before so not sure haha)
Anyway, wow this is incredible. The only thing I'm nervous about is my eating after, and getting caught up on all of the school I'll be missing. Other than that I'm more than excited!!

I'm spending my last weekend having a Harry Potter marathon with my best friend, and then my last supper is on Tuesday with my family at Pizza Hut (:

I had an pre op appointment with Dr. Barr, my oral surgeon, and I guess they've decided to add a step into my surgery. Because my top jaw is quite a bit smaller than the bottom, they're actually going to split it in two down the center and widen it a little bit more. He also ran through the risks again, since I haven't heard them since...wow, 2011 I think? It doesn't seem like it was so long ago. 
Anyway, the risks are a bit scary but I'm pushing through. Like he said, the biggest risk is permanent numbness in the chin, while the other ones are very rare, and most of them are easy to fix. But whatever, I'm not about to back out now. 
I just find it so amazing that they can even do this, it's mind boggling.

Well, that's all I've really got to say for now. I'll be stocking up on supplies so I guess I should make a list. Not sure exactly what I'll need but I bought a onesie for the occasion. I'll just use Google, haha.

I have about a week and a few days off of school that I'll be using to catch up on sleep and TV shows, as well as writing time (I'm participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time I'm a bit nervous for that too!)

I'll probably do weekly videos as well so I'll update those on here as well (:

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! my computer glitched so I thought I had accidentally deleted your comment but I guess not hahaha. Went really well (:

    ReplyDelete