Monday 4 November 2013

Day 5: about 500% done with this

Well I am a day away from the week milestone and I'm already done with this entire thing. I'm not regretting it anymore, but this is probably going to go down in history as one of my worst month or so ever (minus the load of time I get off work)
Right now it's technically Tuesday, day 6, since its midnight but I'm going to bed so I still count it as Monday at the moment. Anyway I am in a load of discomfort.
 I really don't know what to classify as pain and/or discomfort. Altogether though I'd say I'm at about a 7/10. I don't even know how to really describe the feeling, but it's sort of the same pressure you feel after having your braces tightened. Usually taking my medications helps within twenty minutes but it hasn't done anything. I tried heat packs, but my jaw bra is no more and the socks (clean) I've been using instead are sort of stopping most of the heat. I'm going back to ice for the night so we'll see if that helps.
Yesterday was definitely the best day of this week for sure, my face felt pain free and I watched half of Supernatural season one, the last two Harry Potter movies which I missed last weekend, and three episodes of Breaking Bad season 2. Not at all productive..just the way I like my days

Unfortunately my medication (not the ibuprofen. I don't know what it's called, but it's the one the doctor in the ER prescribed instead of the Tylenol 3 with codeine) is now gone and my mom has to call Dr. Barr for a new prescription, and I'm stuck with regular Tylenol (WHICH DOESN'T HELP EVEN A FRACTION OF ENOUGH OMG)
MY FACE FEELS LIKE ITS TRYING TO RIP OPEN I WANT TO RIP OUT MY TEETH TBH

anyway the whole not brushing thing is not fun at all, I'm probably going to brush for about a month when this is over. My mom ironically just got into more cooking right before surgery so now she's making all of this delicious smelling food and my family is gushing over it while I sit here sipping my 653rd can of Boost.
I had broccoli soup...now there's a tiny piece of broccoli stuck in my splint. Ah I do not envy whoever takes that out for the first time. Bad breath and a foul splint all at once, it's too much. My mouth is like a living radiation zone honestly.
I had a bath today and learned that I am not a bath person...they're kind of pointless. Too hot, and I mean my tub is so no comfortable or deep so maybe that's a contributing factor. But I can't even read in it I'm too afraid of getting the book wet. So I went back to shower, and then went for a little stroll into my side yard, felt sick from standing so long, and then came inside and slept for five hours. I can't believe something so simple would ever be so exhausting.

Anyway this pain/discomfort is a bother so I'm going to try to get some sleep if that is even going to be possible tonight who knows.
I'm still hungry but that is basically impossible to quench because I get tired of everything after my second syringe of something (MY SYRINGE ALSO BROKE AND IDK WHERE TO GET A NEW ONE???)

I'll leave you with some pictures (I forgot to take profiles so I'll do those tomorrow)

May the odds be ever in your favour!! (I watched the Hunger Games tonight)


No comments:

Post a Comment