Thursday 21 November 2013

Day 21 and 22

I'm just gonna mix these day up for my last daily post. I went to a Paramore concert on day 21(Wednesday) which also marked three weeks since surgery yay! What a way to celebrate and they were absolutely fantastic.  
Anyway it was a tiring day as we spent the day in Toronto walking around and I mean, I'm not exactly in a position to snack throughout the day as I'm still on liquids and I still am incapable of using a straw so I drink from a cup and still dribble. I had some potato soup which we asked for in a mug (cue strange looks from waitress pending the explanation) at a restaurant that had this really cool table in this like, I don't really know what to call it other than a nook. It was tucked away into it's own little room which was nice because no one saw me dribbling. But everyone else got really delicious looking food and they gave me the bread that comes with the soup which was rather depressing to say the least. But I took my friends french fry and broke it into small pieces, squished them flat and stuck them through my little gap and swallowed them whole. It was hard so I didn't eat a lot but man they tasted good. At the concert I was obviously standing the whole time screaming my head off and singing as loud as I could (which wasn't very considering I can't open my mouth very wide or speak clearly) Needless to say I wore my jaw out pretty good and it was pretty tired this  morning as was I as I didn't get to bed until 2 and woke at 6:40 for school. I could go into an essay style rant about early school mornings for days but I'll save that hahaha. 

Anyway so ya I also realized yesterday that my gums are numb too. I'm not sure why but I didn't even think of them this whole time until yesterday I tried to get a piece of food out and realized I couldn't feel my proxy brush. It's weird because I've been prodding them with a proxy brush for three weeks now and I only just realized now. So that joins the ranks of my bottom lip on the right and my chin. 

Today, day 22, I went to see my oral surgeon (not sure if I mentioned that I was seeing a different doctor but I ended up seeing Dr Barr in the end) Anyway basically he said I have probably about three more weeks with the splint which is not super exciting news but I guess I can handle it. He also said that it's normal that I still can't close my lips naturally but I should do little exercises, and I can use a straw if I can manage it. I tried to use one but I got such a small amount up that it isn't really worth the time at this point. Hopefully that will get better soon. I forgot to ask about sleeping but I feel like I shouldn't need to sleep elevated now, but it just feels weird flat on my bad. Besides I HATE sleeping on my back I like to curl up on my side which I obviously can't really do. 

My talking is getting quite better. It's obviously still not really clear but I haven't had to repeat myself a lot now so I'm thinking I'll try going back to work on Monday.  I've enjoyed these three weeks off work so much though but of course I need the money and I've lost over 400$ by not working so long. Sigh. 

Anyway, that's all I can think to say for now. Recovery slows down a lot at this point so there won't be much day to day improvement. I am hoping to God that I will be able to eat well for Christmas!! I'll be two months post op by then so I need to read some other blogs and see what their progress was at two months! Can you imagine Christmas without eating?!?! 

Well, I only have pictures from day 21 but I think that'll be fine because, like I said, not much improvement between each day. 

I'll post again on week four!  (unless something interesting happens before then) 
xx

i took these on the way to toronto so my friend photobombed 

No comments:

Post a Comment