Thursday 7 November 2013

Day 8

Hello!
I am posting to you from, surprise, the actual day!
Nothing too interesting happened today really.....I'm still taking my pain medication, but I haven't had the Ibuprofen for a few days. I found that even when it's been ground up really small and mixed into a smoothie, the pieces are still so bitter and they actually burn going down my throat. It's extremely unpleasant and my swelling hasn't been bad at all, so I just quit.
Yesterday was my last day for antibiotics, so I'm assuming that they don't expect any infections as long as I keep my mouth clean? Here's hoping haha.
I didn't eat much today now that I look back..probably not a good thing. My mom keeps telling me I need to be eating even when I'm not hungry, but it just takes so much effort to eat/drink anything and then clean myself up afterwards that I just don't feel like it (not feeling like eating...that's a first). We don't have a scale in the house so I can't say how much I've lost at this point, but I went into surgery at approximately 127 pounds. I've been in pajama pants this entire time and I wore a long skirt to the movies and I haven't noticed much change in fit, so I'm not really sure what to say.
I took a good look at my teeth today and noticed (I had sort of forgotten this was being fixed) that my teeth are now lined up! Like the midline, or whatever it is! That makes me even happier (:
So now my face will be even instead of my right cheek being larger. I also noticed that my nose looks a lot different now that my jaw is in the right place! Weird how one section of your face can alter the look of everything else!

Monday is back to school (Yippee......) so I'm frantically trying to finish those two essays my teacher gave me as alternate assignments (hopefully they don't expect it on the day I'm back...) and to finish my ISU novel for English as I'm only half done. It's a weird year for me, usually I would already be on my fourth book but I just haven't been in a reading mood lately. Maybe it's just the book, who knows.

Anyway, there isn't much else to say about today it was quite boring so, I bid you farewell for the night fellow jaw surgery goers! xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi again!!! I hope it gets better for you real soon! You're back to school really early. Most people tend to take a longer break... hope that goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you, it's been a LOT better since last weekend! I wish I could take more time off, but high school is SO hard to catch up on if I want to maintain good grades, especially since I missed about 3/4 of the unit in one of my classes (the class is actually having their test the day I come back!). I did get a longer time off of work though, my boss said to call him when I feel ready to come back even if I have to take a month, so that's nice (:

    ReplyDelete