Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 6



(yesterday) Day 6 is upon us meaning that tomorrow (today for me) marks the week milestone! Unbelieveable! It seemed absolutely ridiculous that I might ever even see the day. 

Anyway, day 6 was uncomfortable as I still had that horrible pressure on my teeth, the tightened braces sensation I mentioned in day five. Fortunately as I, and most of you having similar surgery, have had braces on for a good two years we're sort of used to the pain. Its definitely worse than brace tightening and it lasts longer but I think past experience with the feeling is the ONLY reason I was able to bear it enough to get through the day. 
I had a major lazy day once I got home though. I went out to my oral surgeons office (I was supposed to go Friday but we needed a refil on my medications so he said to just come early) Anyway I stopped in at my dentist and they were all excited o see me. Lately people have been making me smile/laugh and I'm really not appreciating it because it hurts like hell as my stitches keep pulling. 
During my appointment Dr Barr basically told me I need to start moving my jaw and lips more (difficult to do but I see where he's coming from). He did a little checkup which hurt my upper lip aroundthe stitches  and told me to start brushing so Ive got myself a little infant toothbrush decorate with baby tigger. I had to smile when my mom showed me which was very painful curse you cute baby tiggers. 
SO I got more pain meds and as Dr Barr said even though its an ordeal and it's quite a bit worse than I expected,  I'm the one who signed up for it so I've got to 'knuckle down'. I can't move my jaw much but I can tap it upside down and twitch my lips a bit so hopefully that's enough. 
I also got a proxy brush in there after my rinse and picked out lots of lovely stuff, the. brushed with tigger (dipped in hydrogen peroxide and toothpaste) so now atleast the front of my teeth are pretty clean. I can't get in behind and it's super disgusting because I can feel the buildup on my teeth when I run my tongue along them it's really disconcerting.
Other than that little outing I spent the day watching the rest of the Hunger Games and the rest of Teen Wolf season 3.  I ha some broccoli soup and then my dad came home and we watched Django Unchained (weird but pretty good) and it made me laugh in a few spots especially when my dad was laughing so that was fun but also painful. I drank my ginger ale through a syringe. Nothin tastes the same this way I can't wait for the straw phase to arrive. 
Day 7 will be my first venture into cup drinking so here's hoping that goes well.
My mom keeps experimenting with new recipes and the house smells delicious.I think   she chose this  month to start on this cooking thing just to mock me and I've begun to develop a heightened sense of food smell. 
Anyway I'll leave you with some pictures including profiles this time. (: xx

i'm starting to get yellow bruising on this side but it's not bad. No complaining from me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment