Friday 1 November 2013

Day 3: not fun

its almost Saturday which i guess makes this day three? i dont know
i woke up this morning starving which we took as a good sign, so i got some boost into me along with my medicine which i was due for as well. my oral surgeon prescribed tylenol three with codeine i think (idek) and some amoxicillan or however that's spelled along with ibuprofen which apparently only comes liquidized in child form and can get exprnsive, so we;re crushing it up and mixing with the boost. it burns my throat when i swallow but whatever.
immediately afterwards though i began feeling nauseous and next thing i knew i was throwing up. that was 8 am and i was still sitting over a bucket at noon freaking out, crying and in major pain. alot of phone calls went back and forth before my mom finally just took me to the hospital emergency room and luckily the waiting people were very nice. there was a man there who gave my mom a hug as she was beginning to lose it and he rubbed my back a bit while she went to grab a kleenex and basically told every other person in the waiting room that i was going next. i felt sort of bad that we would be skipping the line, but no one seemed to oppose and i was inconsolable about to vomit everywhere so they let us go in ahead of them. still it took a good hour before finally the doctor gave me an IV with morphine and gravol (which i had taken orally around 11 and didnt keep down). that helped me immensely and although the ER was fairly slow, all of the nurses were super nice and made me feel a lot better (the IB helped too) All i can say is i am SO glad for Canada's healthcare system.

Anyway im back home now feeling blah but not sick, with a new medication (idr what the name is) and no codeine (the ER doctor and nurses all said it was too much for someone as young as me). the nurse who wheeled me out actually had this surgery many years ago so she was empathetic.
i really need a shower though , and as we apparently cant buy crushed ice and cubes hurt my cheeks we are using frozen veggies which i cant tell if those are also omitting a smell now.

all i know is i cant wait for this to be over and im sorry if this post is a bit odd but im tired and its hard to type on my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment