Friday 8 November 2013

Day 9

Well, we're nearing the end of day 9. This is SO weird. I remember just last week I was perusing other jaw surgery blogs making my way to day 9 and thinking 'My god this is so far, am I ever even going to make it to day 9?!'
Good news: I have! And the pressure on my teeth has alleviated so much so other than the fact that I still feel pretty weak, and I still can't actually close my lips/mouth together but we'll give it time.
I finally finished my school work (hurrah) so I've got the weekend free of responsibility. Until Monday. When I go back to school. Which also means I have to leave the nest I've created this past week on the pull out couch in the living room and return to my room which will feel incredibly weird as I haven't actually slept there in over a week now....
Anyway, I haven't used ice packs in a long time now and I've only taken one pill today for pain so things are definitely looking up. I've been really lucky in my recovery so far in my opinion regarding swelling and pain and bruising (the yellow is practically gone now as far as I can see). I even managed to sleep in until 11:30 today!
I'm just really looking forward to the end of recovery so I can fully experience my new bite. I already have my first real meal planned, a Malibu chicken caesar wrap from a local restaurant called Red Rock Canyon. SO good, and finally I can bite into it like a normal person!!!
So funny when I enthuse about these things to my friends and family. They all look at me like "wow...you're excited about...biting into sandwiches". But if you're in the same boat as me, you totally know what I'm talking about!
I'm just so in love with my swollen face right now I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the swelling has gone down.
Anyway, I should probably get back to writing  my NaNo considering I am WAY behind.

Good night! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment