Wednesday 13 November 2013

MILESTONE- Day 14

Another day,another week. Two weeks in today wow.... so unbelievable. Of course, as Dr Barr said yesterday, already two weeks is still only two weeks. 
Swelling keeps going down slowly but surely so I'm LOOKING better but I feel pretty much the same. My chin is still tingly and pain med don't help much it just sort of comes and fades as it pleases so I live through it. 
Eating habits are the same. Assorted smoothies and Boost while my family eats delicious smelling meals yippee for me. My mom made sloppy joes tonight aka one of my favourite things ever so ya thanks mom. 
Anyway school has been pretty easy catching up wise thus far and my test was pushed to next week so as far as I know I am mow expected to do it? My teacher still has yet to supply me with the notes I asked for though so I can't do much study wise. This isn't a jaw issue though so moving on. 

My one tooth feels weird still but I foun out it's the one right under the elastic so I'm thinking it's just the pressure. Can adult teeth even just fall out anyway? I don't really know but I'm thinking no...
I took my elastics out  again for brushing and it felt even weirder like my jaw felt so heavy it was weird. I manage to open pretty wide though but my jaw feels odd now so I'm giving it a bit of a rest.  
I need these stitches out now though everyone keeps making me laugh curse my funny friends/life situations it is causing such pain. It feels like they're actually ripping out sometimes! 

Numbess is the same as my last update. The only thing that's changed is that my bottom lip on the left is completely back so it isn't a weird tingly in between state anymore which os good. I want the other half back though it's making my right side look all droopy and uneven. 
Speaking of uneven I noticed that my teeth, well I don't know if it's the actual jaw or the splint causing it, but they aren't running straight. Like the teeth on top move upwards to the right if that makes sense. I'll try to get a picture of it tomorrow while my elastics are out if I can remember. My left molars also don't feel lined up when I run my teeth along them. It feels like my top jaw is still smaller than the bottom but moved to the right. So the right molars are all good but it's uneven on the left. I forgot to ask the Dr about it so I have to remember to ask next appointment. I mean I want to say to myself 'They're the surgeons they moved the jaws where they wanted them' but it just feels wrong so I don't know what to think! 

People keep saying I'm really brave for going through with surgery and I guess I am but to be completely honest I had absolutely no idea of jut how awful the first week was. And I knew I would be on this liquid diet thing and all swollen for a long time after but when you're post op and still eating real food with a non swollen face it seems like no big deal. Well, it is and I am so tired. I want to eat real food when will this be satisfied no one knows. 

I really want to get back to work but I'm also enjoying this  time off. I also still can't talk really though and I work at Tim Hortons so it's a bit problematic. I'm leaving the decision making to Monday. 

Well that's about all I have to say for today, here are some pictures! xx
all i can manage smile wise. better but creepy. 


love my left side 
my right needs some time hahah 
another creepy smile to end the day 

No comments:

Post a Comment